POINTS OF INTEREST:
Circle Island Tour
Photo #1 of 1
. Swipe for more photos.
Take a narrated drive along the 22 mile road that circles this legendary island. Discover the villages of Farepiti, Faanui, and Anau with their mysterious 'Marae'. As you travel on, you will reach the Matira Point with its spectacular views. The road continues and takes you along coconut groves with tiny villages hugging the shoreline.
During ancient times, Marae were open-air temples. Built with several tiers of stone and coral, they recall a time when Polynesian gods and idols were worshiped.
Religion is still an important part of the island life. But today, half of the population of French Polynesia is Protestant.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals and Drinks (unless otherwise stated)
- Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratuities
- Optional Activity Costs
- Vehicles used have been built for this type of excursion; however, comfort depends on the roads used.
- The excursion requires healthy conditions. Follow your guide instructions.
- Program can be modified, postponed or canceled by the supplier without prior notice
- No vehicle designed for handicapped people are available. We recommend Private Tours in this case.
- Toilets available.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to run.
- Children below 12 years old are not allowed.